Sunday, February 21, 2010

Playlists to churn butter by



Spending a considerable number of my waking hours behind a bakery counter, leads you to ponder things you might not unless you were spending a considerable number of your waking hours behind a bakery counter..... like, "if I were to one day own a bakery.... what music would be on the bakery's playlist?" I guess if I was a smart proprietor I would take my average customer's musical proclivities to determine said imagined bakery soundtrack, but let's assume i'm not. I think the first five songs added to the playlist would have to be: 1) Kate Bush- Hounds of Love 2) Bruce Springsteen- Thunder Road 3) Brenton Wood- Oogum Boogum 4) Aretha Franklin- Do Right Woman, Do Right Man 5) Gram Parsons- We'll Sweep our the Ashes in the Morning. Oh, how music can make you feel good.

Until that happens, I have my own little bakery at home. Last weekend's project: making butter (and therefore it's by-product, buttermilk). Take a look at the pictures above. Butter.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

the butter was delicious if you can say that about butter, and this is coming from someone from Brittany who is very picky about her butter!
et un tres joli jaune, Megan